ENERGIZER, FREEBATT AND BLACK TIGER
1. Validity Warranty:
- 18 months on Energizer and 12 months on FreeBatt and Black Tiger batteries from date of purchase for private consumer use (i.e. for Passenger and SUV vehicles)
- Six months from date of purchase for commercial consumer use
2. The warranty on your battery is invalid if:
- There is physical damage due to mishandling (e.g. damaged terminals, broken casing)
- The electrical system of the vehicle is faulty leading to undercharging or overcharging
- Repairs have been done prior to the battery being presented for claim (e.g. refilling the terminals)
- Battery has been short circuited
3. For your claim to be processed:
- You must provide proof of purchase
- Both the battery and the vehicle it was fitted in should be presented to the vendor or the nearest AutoXpress branch
4.Your claim will be rejected if the battery fails to meet any of the above warranty condition
5.The warranty of replaced battery is valid from the original date of purchase of the faulty battery
1. Ensure that the battery purchased is the correct type and size required for your vehicle
2. Ensure correct fitting on the designated battery tray i.e. terminals clamped firmly but not so tight as to damage them
3. The vehicle's electrical (charging) system should be checked to ensure it is in good working condition at all times
- The KYB shock absorbers bought and fitted at AutoXpress branches are warranted against faulty manufacture and/or faulty materials:
- KYB Shock Absorbers, fitted at AutoXpress branches are warranted against faulty manufacture and/or faulty materials for a period of 6-months/10,000kms or 12-month/20,000km when fitted with new coils
- If you replace only the shock absorber and if the workshop manager confirms that the existing coil spring is in good condition and does not need to be replaced – you are covered for a period of 6 months from date of purchase or 10,000 KM, whichever comes first
- The liability of AutoXpress Limited is limited to the supply of a replacement unit free of charge for the above mentioned (1) product returned to AutoXpress Ltd at the user's expense within the warranty period and which are proved to AutoXpress Limited's reasonable satisfaction to have failed by reason of faulty manufacture and/or materials
- The replacement unit will be similarly warranted but only for the balance of the duration of the original warranty
- The warranty will only be applicable to goods which the user proves became defective in normal and proper use
- Under no circumstances shall AutoXpress Limited be liable for loss of profit, or any other consequential loss, or damage from whatever cause arising and for any labour charges
- Warranties do not cover shock absorber end fittings (eyes, pins, bushes, washers,etc.)
- Warranties do not cover KYB shock absorbers that are used for applications other than those listed in the latest, AutoXpress Limited price list, or have been modified, or have external damage, or have over heated, or have damage sustained to the piston rod of unit, inflicted by tools or stones and have excessive wear caused by misalignment
ALL TYRE BRANDS
All tyre brands sold by AutoXpress Limited represent their own Tyre Manufacturer Warranty. These warranties include elements such as, the number of years a tyre is covered for against manufacturing defects and will indicate if the warranty is valid from date of manufacture or date of sale, as this may differ for each brand.
For full tyre manufacturer warranty details, please visit each brand's website.
Common elements that are NOT covered by the manufacturer's warranty:
- Any damage to a tyre that occurred as a result of using the tyre for any other reason that it was designed for
- Any road hazard injuries or damages caused by obstacles or debris, such as cuts, punctures (whether repairable or not), snags, bruises, tears, abrasions or impact breaks
- Improper repairs or repairs that have failed
- Improper inflation or other maintenance abuse such as balancing and wheel alignment not being done every 10,000 kms
- Improper application of the tyre size and/or specification
- Improper mounting/dismounting procedures or tyre assembly balance
- Mechanical irregularities in the vehicle or wheel, such as bent wheel assemblies, misalignment, defective brakes, defective shock absorbers, worn or faulty components
- Accident, corrosion, vandalism, fire or damage caused by nature
- The use of fillers, sealants, balancing substances and external treatments or materials of any kind
- Tyres with ride disturbance complaints that have more than 1mm tread wear
- Tyres transferred from the original vehicle on which they were originally installed
- Tyres that have been re-treaded, re-grooved or not repaired in an approved manner
- Tyres which have been modified by the addition or removal of material or any tyre intentionally altered to change its appearance
- Tyres used in racing or other competitive motor sport events
- Flat spot caused by improper transport or storage
- Tyres that the trademark, serial number or D.O.T number is worn or shows signs of having been tampered with.
In addition to manufacturers warranties, AutoXpress Limited have our own XtraSure Tyre Damage Guarantee (XS TDG) that covers all road hazards that are not part of the manufacturers warranties as highlighted above. See the next sections about XS TDG.
With every purchase of premium and mid tier Passenger or SUV tyres at any AutoXpress fitment centres in Tanzania, one automatically qualifies for an XtraSure Tyre Damage Guarantee (XS TDG). This Guarantee protects you, the owner of the vehicle, from paying for any repairs or replacement of tyres damaged by road hazards ,including but not limited to rocks, broken glass, nails, kerbs and potholes. In case of replacement, you receive a credit for what you have not used when replacing the tyre.
XS TDG covers select Passenger and SUV tyres that are purchased and fitted at any AutoXpress Fitment Centre across Tanzania, provided that the vehicle that the tyres are fitted on, is used for private or personal use. Vehicles used for commercial purposes like Taxis, Matatus, Vans and Pick-Ups are excluded from this cover.
XtraSure Tyre Damage Guarantee is FREE OF CHARGE for the first year excluding budget tyre brands. The guarantee can be extended for a second year at a pre-set cost as advised by your Customer Service Agent. The additional cover can be purchased at the same time as the tyre purchase or at any time within the first year. However, The XS TDG is only valid for Passenger tyres with a minimum remaining tread depth (RTD) of I.5 mm and SUV tyres with a minimum RTD of 2.5 mm.
NOTE: The Tyre Damage Guarantee is not FREE for the first year for Budget Tyre brands i.e. Hifly and Mirage
At the time of purchase of tyres, you will be requested to provide the AutoXpress Customer Service Agent with the following information to enable them to register your XS TDG on your account.
- Full Name
- Mobile Number
- Vehicle Registration Number
- Make and Model of the vehicle
- Current mileage of the vehicle
- Brand, Size and Pattern of tyre purchased and fitted
- DOT Number of the tyre
- AutoXpress Invoice Number
AutoXpress and their underwriters for the XS TDG guarantee will only use the above customer data internally for the management of the XS TDG program and the customer is aware and agrees to this use of the information.
Should you have an incident where one or more of your covered tyres are damaged, you should submit it or them for a claim at any AutoXpress fitment centre within 48 hours after the event that caused the damage occurred. The AutoXpress tyre professional will evaluate whether the damaged tyre can be repaired or needs replacement. If the tyre is repairable, it will be repaired free of charge. If the tyre requires replacement, then the AutoXpress Customer Service Agent will establish the amount that will need to be paid for the replacement tyre. The procedure is as follows:
Within 30 days or I,000 kms
Within 30 days from inception of the cover or within the first I,000 km of driving on the covered tyre(s) after fitment, as specified on the AutoXpress invoice, whichever comes first, the customer will receive a full credit towards the purchase of the same or similar new tyre (s) from AutoXpress.
After 30 days or 1,000 kms
For events occurring after 30 days from inception of the cover or after the first I,000 km of driving on the covered tyre, whichever comes first, the AutoXpress Customer Service Staff will establish the amount that will be need to be paid for the replacement tyre. For any covered event, the sum covered will be calculated by first measuring the remaining tread depth of the covered tyre, and then deducting from that the excess of I.5 mm or 2.5 mm for passenger and SUW tyres respectively. This figure represents the remaining useable tread. The remaining useable tread will be expressed as a percentage of the original tread depth (less the excess of I.5 mm or 2.5 mm for passenger and SUW tyres respectively) of the covered tyre, and thereafter be multiplied by the original purchase price of the covered tyre from AutoXpress. The value, as determined using the above formula, will constitute the Tanzania Shilling value of the credit that the customer will be entitled to use towards the purchase of a new tyre.
When a customer has damaged a tyre that is covered under the XS TDG, the customer can go to any AutoXpress branch to make a claim. The AutoXpress Customer Service Agent then needs to verify the following information on the customers profile/account.
- Full Name
- Identification Card/Passport
- Vehicle Registration Number
- Make and Model of Car
- Current mileage of your vehicle
- DOT Number of Tyre
- Your original invoice or XS TDG cover number from AutoXpress
The XS TDG is void if the tyres have not been adequately maintained. Proper care is necessary to obtain maximum wear and benefits from a tyre and to ensure your safety on the road and value for money from the tyre. The checks are not onerous. Kindly ensure that:
- The tyre and wheel assembly are balanced
- The wheels are aligned
- The tyres are operated at correct inflation pressures
- The cover is not transferable to any other vehicle or person.
- The XS TDG entitles you to a maximum of I tyre replacement or 3 repairs per covered tyre provided that any repairs are carried out an AutoXpress Centre only
- The XS TDG covers the cost of fitting, but does not cover the cost of wheel balancing or wheel alignment
- The sum covered is limited to TSH 930,000 including VAT per covered tyre, irrespective of the purchase price of the covered tyre and shall not be paid in cash. It will constitute a credit towards the purchase of a new tyre from AutoXpress Limited
- The remaining tread depth will be measured at 3 points on the tyre and the credit will be based on the lowest measurement taken. (The left, centre & right hand side of the tread area)
- The XS TDG Guarantee applies to the price of tyres indicated on the purchase invoice, not on the prevailing price of the tyres
- The XS TDG covers select Passenger and SUV tyres at AutoXpress
- Budget brand of tyres do not get a free cover for the first year
- While AutoXpress will make every possible effort to locate an exact replacement, if it is not possible for any reason, e.g., the tyre is obsolete, or the pattern has been superseded by a newer pattern or is simply out of stock, AutoXpress reserves the right to offer an alternative of equivalent value to the initial tyre purchased. In the event the customer would prefer an alternative brand, and it is available and more expensive than the one originally purchased, he or she would be required to pay the difference in price
- The damaged tyre will remain the property of AutoXpress.
- At the discretion of AutoXpress, tyres which they deem to be damaged by criminal or malicious action, vandalism, improper use, fire, theft, used in a competitive sport, road accidents, repaired by another garage, mechanical defects of the vehicle and driving on incorrect pressure or are specifically excluded from cover under this guarantee
- AutoXpress reserves the right to alter these terms and conditions at any time with immediate effect by placing the amended terms and conditions on its website (www.auto-xpress.co.tz)
- XSTDG is only available at AutoXpress Fitment Centres in Kenya, Tanzania and Rwanda. It is not yet available in Uganda
- The XSTDG is in lieu of all other warranties, expressed or implied, and does not cover consequential loss or damage
- The customer's statutory rights are not affected by the terms of this guarantee